- Spring is one of the four seasons and comes after Winter and before Summer. It usually starts around March 22nd and the days get longer and brighter.
- Many animals give birth in Spring such as ducks, cows and birds and those animals in hibernation, like bears, start to wake up in Spring.
- The saying April showers bring May flowers comes from there being more rain showers in April and more flowers blooming in May.
- Common Spring flowers are lilacs, daffodils, irises, tulips, lilies, and dandelions.
- Spring event and holiday days include, Easter, April Fool’s Day, Earth Day, Groundhog Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, and Arbor Day.
- Before the 14th century, spring was called ‘Lent’ in Old English. It was the time of the year when plants started ‘springing’ from the ground. After a century, the season was referred as spring-time and later on shortened to ‘spring’.
- Spring symbolises renewal, rebirth, and the start of a better life or times.
Spring craft ideas
What are your favourite things about Spring?
There are so many wonderful craft ideas for Spring!! Maybe you could create a beautiful Spring collage full of bright colours, blue sky and gorgeous green grass?
Or perhaps draw your favourite Spring flower starting to bud in April and then bloom in May!!
Don’t forget to be creative, use those wonderful skills and be an imaginative as you like!!
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board – Spring craft ideas here!