Now that summer is well and truly on the way, we thought it would be good to acknowledge Sun Awareness Week which runs from 14th – 20th May. It’s all about focusing and sharing ways we can enjoy the glorious sunshine without being in danger so here’s our five key things to remember when out in the sunshine:
- Keep hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Try to avoid direct sunlight where possible and stay in the shade during peak sunshine time.
- SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. Apply suncream with quality SPF and reapply through the day.
- UVR stands for Ultra Violet Radiation. Ensure your sunglasses are UV safe.
- There’s now an app you can download called UV&ME which can provide users with tailored, educational, sun safety experience. Find out more here.
If you want to know more about safety in the sun, visit the official Sun Awareness webpage here.
We also wanted to share a fellow business with you – Solar Buddies. The unique design was created by two Mums and allows the child to easily apply their own suncream! The ideal solution for children who like to feel independent. It’s refillable so you can use which ever suncream you prefer and the solar buddy allows an even applicant of cream. The team behind Solar Buddies are fantastic and you can find out more about them here.
Finally if you’re off on your holidays soon and you need something to entertain the children, we’ve just launched a new box theme – Holiday box! It’s ideal for flights and keep young ones entertained when travelling, have a look here.